Friday, January 29, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Here are the different menus for your perusal. As always, my comments are in red:
$36 3-course menu includes:
B&O Crab Bisque
- Main Course
A choice of Mustard Crusted Lamb Loin with Beluga Lentils or Braised Shank & Red Pepper Reduction ooooooh tough choice on this one. The lamb would be a good choice simply because most people don’t cook with lamb at home….but oh how I do love braised meat….
Sugar Doughnut Holes with White Chocolate Cream Yes! Doughnut holes! Can’t go wrong with a dessert like this! How fun!
5-course menu at $52 will enjoy:
- First Course
B&O Crab Bisque
- Second Course
Grilled Boneless Quail with Chipotle BBQ & Jicama Slaw oooh this sounds special
- Third Course
Crispy Skinned Barramundi with Roasted Beets, Grilled Scallion and a Port Wine Reduction. P.s. Barramundi is a fish, and I love the idea of a port wine reduction.
- Main Course
A choice of either the Mustard Crusted Lamb Loin with Beluga Lentils or Braised Shank & Red Pepper Reduction Still experience the same conundrum as above
Sugar Doughnut Holes But at least you get to end on a same delicious note!
To make reservations for Feb. 13-14, call 443-692-6172 or visit opentable.com.
2 North Charles Street, Baltimore MD (Located in the new Hotel Monaco)
Breakfast: Monday - Friday from 7:00 to 10:30 a.m.,
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.,
Lunch: All week from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Dinner: from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m. from Sunday - Thursday, and until 11:00 p.m. from Friday - Saturday.
Bar service: All week from 11:30 a.m. to midnight
Happy hour: 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
I'm trying to be better about eating naturally, so diet soda was something I wanted to give up. This wasn't too hard for me since I usually only have soda as a treat, however, since I still enjoy fizziness I turned to Izze. I first tried the juice at Chipotle but now I buy them by the pack at Wegman's.
Friday, January 15, 2010
There's a strip mall in Cockeysville that seems to experience a lot of change. I've seen a bunch of restaurants come and go there, but I am hoping Tropical Grill sticks around!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Using a restaurant.com coupon, Dan and I headed over to Towson's Kabob Hut for some of our favorite cuisine. The place itself is quite dingy, in fact, it wouldn't hurt them to paint the walls or redo the floors, but I am guessing that most of their business is carry-out so they probably don't feel a need. But Dan and I stayed in to eat, and these things bothered us slightly, not to mention the man at the counter was a bit grouchy.....but I won't go there.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
It’s opening on January 15 and will be open 7 days a week from 5-10 pm with extended bar and late dining hours until 1 am. They also have a coffee and wine bar which is open 7 days a week from 11 am-2 am. And of course, they offer a happy hour, 7 days a week from 5-7 pm.
Here are some menu items that were sent to me. My comments are in red italics.
- Aragosta Pasta e Caci, lobster mac and cheese with chiocciole pasta, smoked gouda béchamel, white truffle essence, and citus pistacio gremolata ($12) Fancy mac and cheese? Always a crowd pleaser!
- Caprese di Fungi, portabella mushroom, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, fresh basil and an imported balsamic reduction ($7).
- Salmone Affumicato Bruschetta with fresh dill, capers, house smoked salmon and chive crème friache ($8)
- Pepe Rosso Buschetta with fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper, fresh oregano and a balsamic reduction ($6).
- Margherita Flatbread with fresh oregano, tomato confit, fresh mozzarella and basil ($8)
- Maryland Granchi Flatbread, jumbo lump crab, roasted garlic, sautéed spinach, grape tomatoes and shaved parmigiano-reggiano ($14).
ITALIAN SUSHI! Italian sushi! What a crazy combination! Crazy enough though that it sounds intriguing!
- The selection of Crudo are served with either three ($9) or six ($17) varieties of fresh fish and include: Salmon with lemon caper aioli; Hiramasa with a blood orange balsamic glaze, yum I love blood oranges!; Arctic Char with a basil pesto; Hamachi with roasted red pepper puree; Yellowfin Tuna with red pepper oil and sea salt; and White Tuna with lemon oil and pine nuts.
- Uva Fogliame Con Salmone, seared salmon, fresh mozzarella, sautéed mushrooms, sundried tomato, grape leaves and lemon caper aioli ($12)
- Milan Rotolo, Avocado, sun dried tomato, fried calamari, nori, seasoned rice, white tuna, yellowfin tuna, basil pesto, and blood orange balsamic glaze ($18). Sign me up for this one!!!!
PASTA AND DINNER SELECTIONS
- Ravioli Deconstruito, cold water lobster, jumbo lump crab, shrimp, house made pasta, swiss chard, and pink peppercorn cream sauce ($28). How wonderful, yes I would like you
- Risotto Capasanta, seared scallops, wild mushrooms, fire roasted corn and white truffle essence ($22) Oh delightful! I would love you as well!
- Vitello, 14 oz. veal porterhouse with a wild mushroom risotto cake and smoked tomato demi glace ($38)
- Bistecca Con L’Osso, 20 oz. dry rubbed USDA Choice bone-in ribeye with Yukon gold mash and melted leeks ($42). mmmm there's something so comforting about melted leeks
HOUSE MADE DESSERTS – I want to try ALL of these. I hate turning down house made desserts!!!!! I'm a big sucker for creme brulee's though, so that would probably be my first choice
- Torta di Formaggio, honey ricotta cheesecake with a balsamic strawberry compote and candied rosemary ($8)
- Milan’s Tiramisu ($8)
- Grand Marnier Crème Brulee ($8)
- Piatoo di Fromaggio, a selection of Italian cheese ($12)
- Dolce & Gabbana, Godiva Milk Chocolate Liqueur, Stoli Raz Vodka, a splash of club soda and fresh raspberries ($11)
- Gucci Envy, Absolute Apple Vodka, Sour Apple Liquor, and a splash of Midori and pineapple juice ($10).
- Passion of Milan, Captain Morgan Passion Fruit, fresh brewed iced-tea, and a splash of lime juice ($8) I love passion fruit, this sounds like a lovely drink
- Variety of flavorful mojitos ($10-12). ooooooh, i'm a big mojito fan, especially lots of flavors!
Overall, this restaurant’s menu shows that it’s trying to step outside of the box with regular Italian cuisine. I think that’s a smart move in opening a new place. I wish it the best of luck in its opening!
1002 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21202-4326
visit http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=36967 for reservations