Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Charm City Cupcakes, Baltimore City

Charm City Cupcakes is located in one of the most random spots downtown. You enter Brown's Arcade, walk down a long hallway past the florist shop and find a little counter selling cupcakes. I think there might be seating at the end of the hallway, but I got my cupcake to go so I wouldn't know.

Seeing as though it's a counter- you're not going to find anything else here but cupcakes- and apparently they bake them all fresh, so they can run out early. I went during my lunchbreak and I managed to score a key lime pie flavored cupcake for $2.50. I had a delicious key lime cupcake when I was in Austin, so I wanted to see whether Baltimore could be my key lime saviour.

The cake itself was very satisfying and not overly sweet, but a bit crumbly. The icing however was incredibly sweet. A little too much in fact. I really did enjoy this cupcake, but I think I would have preferred it while I was at home with a glass of milk, rather than sitting on a park bench in the middle of summer. Also, I probably should have waited for about 10 minutes or so before indulging in my cupcake because the icing was still a little cold and firm and I wanted it to be a bit creamier. This is not the fault of the store- but of my impatience. Perhaps it was because of this that I found the icing flavor a little too much, a little too concentrated.

I am definitely interested in trying more of their cupcake selection, and maybe this time I will not succumb to my tummy's peer pressure and wait for a little while so as to enjoy to true flavor of the treat.

Charm City Cupcakes on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin