Search This Blog

Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Morning Haiku AND HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE!


All I want to do
Is sit and watch the snow fall
With some hot cocoa

I mean, seriously, does anyone want to do anything else?

This year I decided that I wanted to learn how to make the best hot chocolate at home.  Last year, my quest was to find which restaurant/cafe made the best hot chocolate (see here), but anytime it snowed I stayed inside my house, which was a bit problematic for my quest.



 I decided to first try the recipe on the box of my Hershey's cocoa powder, and I really like it, though I did tweak it a bit for my taste.  My ideal hot chocolate is made with milk and isn't too sweet. 
Hershey's Hot Cocoa
Adapted from here
Ingredients:
1 tbl sugar
2 tbl of cocoa powder
dash salt
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
mini marshmallows (optional)

Directions:
Add cocoa powder, salt and sugar to your mug.  In another container, heat milk in the microwave (I do it for about 2 mins).  Add a little bit of the hot milk to your cocoa concoction to form a smooth liquid and get out all the lumps, then add the rest of the milk and give it a good stir.  Add the vanilla extract.  At this point, if you have a milk frother, these are fun to use for some added creaminess/foaminess!  Add a handful of mini marshmallows on top and start sipping away!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin