2nd Annual Maryland Traditions Folklife Festival is taking place on June 16th (this Saturday) from 11am-7pm at the Creative Alliance at the Patterson.
- The festival is an "interactive, family-friendly celebration of traditional music, arts and foods from across the state."
- This looks so much fun you guys! Plus it has tons of delicious food vendors such as:
NASFT's Summer Fancy Food Show is taking place June 17-19th in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington D.C.
- This events "main goal is to connect food producers and businesses. Here, NASFT members (producers) promote hundreds of thousands of unique specialty food and beverage products that are often unavailable at your local grocery store or chain. The Summer Fancy Food Show invites chefs, food trade professionals, distributors and retailers from all over the world to attend this event and introduce them to some of the most innovative specialty food products in the marketplace."
- If you are interested in attending, register for $35 ($10 off full badge price) when you use this promo code SX10. Click on this link to register.
- Anyone who "likes" Ra Sushi on Facebook can print a coupon for one complimentary Tootsy Maki. It must be printed on June 18th and used that day between 11am-7pm.
- Ra is ALSO introducing new menu items and cocktail selections on the 18th, including
- Edamame Dip ($5.25), a creamy edamame and spinach dip served warm with wonton chips.
- Drunken Black Mussels ($9.25) steamed in sake and sauteed in garlic an soy sauce.
- Crispy Asian Tacos! There are five different flavors to choose from, including the Spicy Tuna ($9.25), Chicken ($7.50), Spicy Salmon ($8.25), "RA"ckin' Shrimp ($8.25), and Crispy White Fish ($8.25)
- Lycheetini ($9) made with lemon vodka, muddled lychees, lychee juice, lemon juice and sugar free sweetener.
- The Crab & Cruise is a two-day event aimed to attract Maryland seafood lovers from all over the country. It starts with a part on Friday night and ends with an all-you-can-eat crab feast and bay cruise on Saturday.
- You can choose to do some of the events or all of them. It definitely looks like a great summer weekend!
- On June 28th (Thursday) at 7:30pm it's hosting a Stags' Leap Wine Dinner for $75pp which will include a five-course menu all paired with a different varietal of wine.
- On July 21st (Saturday) from 2-4pm, Chef Dunklin is having a BBQ demonstration and cocktail pairing from head bartender, Brendar Dorr. It's $35pp or $50 per couple. This is a cooking demo, so you will get to eat what the Chef prepares!