- Otoko Salad (Chicken $10/Beef $12) - Choice of grilled chicken or beef tossed in a spicy yuzu dressing with grilled red and green bell peppers, onions and asparagus. It's served over some greens with a rice wine vinaigrette and topped with watercress and fried ramen noodles.
- I really liked this salad - it was a great starter and the yuzu dressing was nice and spicy. I would recommend the beef.
- Pacific Roll ($9.50) - Spicy mix of albacore tuna, cilantro, jalapeño and cucumber, rolled and topped with fresh avocado and mango salad. Finished with red beet tempura bits and sauteed cashew nuts.
- Tropical Roll ($8.50) - Cucumber, mango and avocado rolled and topped with spinach tempura bits, spicy shrimp mixed with masago and mango salsa.
- "RA"ckin' Roll ($13) - Crab and cream cheese rolled in rice and seaweed, lightly tempura battered and topped with guacamole and "RA"ckin' shrimp. It's finished with a creamy ginger teriyaki dipping sauce, red beet tempura buts and togarashi.
- Vegetable Tempura Roll ($7.50) - Lightly battered asparagus, sweet potato and Japanese eggplant rolled and topped with crunchy tempura bits and drizzled with a sweet eel sauce.
"RA"ckin' Shrimp Roll
Interestingly enough, the Vegetable Tempura Roll was my favorite out of all of these, although that's not to say that I didn't love any of the other options. I thought they were all tasty with a lot of complex flavors. In fact, the "RA"ckin roll actually reminded me of risotto - which was interesting for a sushi roll! But what I loved about the vegetable roll is that I could identify all the flavors, and they worked so well together. I would love to order this again and again.
- Sweet Mochi Trio ($7.50) - A traditional Japanese treat. This is a combination of mango, strawberry and vanilla ice cream wrapped in sweet rice cake.
- Yes!!!! Mochi!!!!!! I loooooove this stuff and was so happy that this was added to the menu. Although I only got to try the strawberry flavor, it did not disappoint me. The chewy outer layer and creamy ice cream was perfect.
- Ginger Blossom ($8) - Hendrick's gin, St. Germain, muddled strawberries, pink grapefruit, lime juice and a splash of ginger ale.
- Please sir, can I have some more?
- Elderflower Smash ($8) - Absolut Berri Acai, St. Germain, muddled blueberries, lemon juice and soda.
- Dragon Bite - Bacardi Dragonberry, strawberry puree, lemon juice, yuzu and a splash of soda.
- I love how inventive these drinks are - they match the menu perfectly.
Of course there are many more new menu items, as well as the old ones as well. I think this place is great - everything is so creative! If you haven't been to this place before, go for their happy hour (Mon-Sat, 3-7pm) and you'll be hooked!
Thanks to Profiles, Inc. for their wonderful photos!
DISCLAIMER: Though this was a free tasting, I was not asked to write a positive review nor did I feel any inclination to write anything which did not reflect my true opinion of Ra Sushi.