Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ra Sushi's New Menu Items

Ra Sushi is such a fun place to go.  The atmosphere is very hip and lively.  And just like the restaurant, the menu is also exciting, especially because they update it every once in a while.  So let's talk about some new menu items that was I was lucky enough to try:

Salads
Otoko Salad

  • Otoko Salad (Chicken $10/Beef $12) - Choice of grilled chicken or beef tossed in a spicy yuzu dressing with grilled red and green bell peppers, onions and asparagus.  It's served over some greens with a rice wine vinaigrette and topped with watercress and fried ramen noodles. 
    • I really liked this salad - it was a great starter and the yuzu dressing was nice and spicy. I would recommend the beef.  
Sushi Rolls

Pacific Roll
  • Pacific Roll ($9.50) - Spicy mix of albacore tuna, cilantro, jalapeño and cucumber, rolled and topped with fresh avocado and mango salad.  Finished with red beet tempura bits and sauteed cashew nuts.
  • Tropical Roll ($8.50) - Cucumber, mango and avocado rolled and topped with spinach tempura bits, spicy shrimp mixed with masago and mango salsa.
  • "RA"ckin' Roll ($13) - Crab and cream cheese rolled in rice and seaweed, lightly tempura battered and topped with guacamole and "RA"ckin' shrimp.  It's finished with a creamy ginger teriyaki dipping sauce, red beet tempura buts and togarashi.
  • Vegetable Tempura Roll ($7.50) - Lightly battered asparagus, sweet potato and Japanese eggplant rolled and topped with crunchy tempura bits and drizzled with a sweet eel sauce.

    "RA"ckin' Shrimp Roll
Interestingly enough, the Vegetable Tempura Roll was my favorite out of all of these, although that's not to say that I didn't love any of the other options.  I thought they were all tasty with a lot of complex flavors.  In fact, the "RA"ckin roll actually reminded me of risotto - which was interesting for a sushi roll!  But what I loved about the vegetable roll is that I could identify all the flavors, and they worked so well together.  I would love to order this again and again. 


Dessert

  • Sweet Mochi Trio ($7.50) - A traditional Japanese treat.  This is a combination of mango, strawberry and vanilla ice cream wrapped in sweet rice cake.
    • Yes!!!!  Mochi!!!!!!  I loooooove this stuff and was so happy that this was added to the menu.  Although I only got to try the strawberry flavor, it did not disappoint me.  The chewy outer layer and creamy ice cream was perfect. 
Drinks
  • Ginger Blossom ($8) - Hendrick's gin, St. Germain, muddled strawberries, pink grapefruit, lime juice and a splash of ginger ale.
    • Please sir, can I have some more? 
  • Elderflower Smash ($8) - Absolut Berri Acai, St. Germain, muddled blueberries, lemon juice and soda.
  • Dragon Bite - Bacardi Dragonberry, strawberry puree, lemon juice, yuzu  and a splash of soda. 
    • I love how inventive these drinks are - they match the menu perfectly.

Of course there are many more new menu items, as well as the old ones as well.  I think this place is great - everything is so creative!  If you haven't been to this place before, go for their happy hour (Mon-Sat, 3-7pm) and you'll be hooked! 

Thanks to Profiles, Inc. for their wonderful photos!

DISCLAIMER: Though this was a free tasting, I was not asked to write a positive review nor did I feel any inclination to write anything which did not reflect my true opinion of Ra Sushi.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin