I've written about Swirl a number of times, so this is very exciting for me! What I've always loved about Swirl, is the enthusiasm the owners (husband and wife team, Austin and James) have for teaching others about wine. They offer wine classes, as I mention below, and they also hold wine tastings on Friday evenings.
Here are their two upcoming classes ($20 each). I've taken Swirl 101 before with a friend of mine and not only did we learn a lot, but we had a blast!
- Swirl 101: The Basics, Saturday, February 26th 1pm-2pm
- Geared toward the new wine enthusiast. Popular styles, regions, and terminology will be explored.
- Swirl 201: The Nitty Gritty, Saturday, March 12th 1-2pm
- Each "Nitty Gritty" class will be centered around an in-depth investigation of a particular region, varietal, or style. The dynamic region of Spain will be on the agenda for this class.
2320 York Road, Timonium, MD
GIVEAWAY INFORMATION- One winner will receive a $20 gift certificate to Swirl Wine. The certificate may be redeemed for in-store purchases, including wine classes.
- Enter the contest by leaving a comment on this post telling me what kind of wine you like. You can be as specific or as vague as you like :)
- You can enter ONCE PER DAY!
- PLEASE leave a contact email!
- This giveaway will end on Friday, February 25th at 11:59PM.
- I will choose the winner by random selection on February 26th and I will notify them via email and via a blog post!