(Image from the Baltimore Sun front page)
Irene is coming
I'm stocked up on provisions
Cookies, Ice Cream, Chips
I went to the new The Fresh Market (838 Dulaney Valley Road) in Towson and stocked up on my version of Hurricane provisions. Before I tell you what they are, can I just say how beautiful that grocery store is, cause it is. Is that weird to say? Probably. But I have an unnatural love for grocery stores.
Nakiya's list of Hurricane Provisions. Please do not do as I do.
- One packet of olive and fig Raincoast Crisps
- One log of goat cheese to go with Raincoast Crisps
- One bag of Cape Cod Kettle Chips
- Two big bottles of Fiji water (I hate myself for this one, why didn't I just go to another grocery store and get a gallon of water for 25 cents?)
- 2 pints of Talenti Gelato - Tahitian Vanilla and Double Dark Chocolate
- One peach-a-rine - yes, apparently that is a fruit that exists
- One GINORMOUS red plum that seriously looks like an apple
- Two boxes of Moravian cookies - Chocolate dipped toasted coconut cookies and Artisan blend chocolate cookies
What is wrong with me? Apparently, if I have no power, I will want to snack all day long on cookies and chips, and eat two pints of gelato quickly before they melt in the freezer. Obviously, I got caught up in buying snacks. I love snacks.
OK, so tell me - have you bought any Hurricane provisions? What did you get?