Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Season 2 of Downton Abbey - Quick Thoughts (SPOILERS)

Image taken from Amazon


WARNING: I hope by now everyone’s seen the end of Season 2 of Downton Abbey. If not, please do not read ahead because there are major spoilers in this post!

Anyway, I think it’s a no-brainer that I love Downton Abbey. It’s
a) British
b) set in England
c) a Masterpiece Theatre production
d) full of costumes and lavish sets and delicious food and teatime
e) has enough drama that it should basically be considered a soap opera

But just like anything you love a lot, there are still things about it that can annoy the hell out of you. Here is my list of annoyances from the last few episodes:

- Lord Grantham’s quick affair with the housemaid seemed TOTALLY random! Was it just because she kinda looked like a young Cora? I was confused because it seemed totally out of character and it made me like him a bit less

- Sybil and Branson have zero chemistry. You can’t throw two hot people together in a garage and think that’s enough – their whole relationship wasn’t developed at all in the second season and when they left for Ireland it seemed really flat

- TOTALLY excited about Matthew and Mary (despite the fact that I hated Mary last season), but I am sad that Lavinia’s character had to be killed off. It seemed too easy of a plot device

- Talking about Lavinia, the Ouija board was funny when it was used as a ploy for Daisy to stop being annoying, but I was not amused by the end which seemed totally out of sync with the rest of the show

- MR. BATES AND ANNA CANNOT CATCH A BREAK AND IT IS NOT FAIR AND IT MAKES ME ANGRY

Do you watch that show? What do you think of it?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin