Image taken from Amazon
WARNING: I hope by now everyone’s seen the end of Season 2 of Downton Abbey. If not, please do not read ahead because there are major spoilers in this post!
Anyway, I think it’s a no-brainer that I love Downton Abbey. It’s
b) set in England
c) a Masterpiece Theatre production
d) full of costumes and lavish sets and delicious food and teatime
e) has enough drama that it should basically be considered a soap opera
But just like anything you love a lot, there are still things about it that can annoy the hell out of you. Here is my list of annoyances from the last few episodes:
- Lord Grantham’s quick affair with the housemaid seemed TOTALLY random! Was it just because she kinda looked like a young Cora? I was confused because it seemed totally out of character and it made me like him a bit less
- Sybil and Branson have zero chemistry. You can’t throw two hot people together in a garage and think that’s enough – their whole relationship wasn’t developed at all in the second season and when they left for Ireland it seemed really flat
- TOTALLY excited about Matthew and Mary (despite the fact that I hated Mary last season), but I am sad that Lavinia’s character had to be killed off. It seemed too easy of a plot device
- Talking about Lavinia, the Ouija board was funny when it was used as a ploy for Daisy to stop being annoying, but I was not amused by the end which seemed totally out of sync with the rest of the show
- MR. BATES AND ANNA CANNOT CATCH A BREAK AND IT IS NOT FAIR AND IT MAKES ME ANGRY
Do you watch that show? What do you think of it?