Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Make Your Own Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee!

Print from this adorable Etsy Seller


I've decided I don't like Pumpkin Spice Lattes anymore.  This was a very hard decision for me to make (read: mostly here and here).  The fact is, they are just TOO SWEET (and I think the Starbucks version tastes a bit funny, too). 

You know why Pumpkin lattes are so sweet?  Because of how much syrup is in them.  Starbucks adds four pumps of syrup for a medium! I asked for 3 and it was STILL too sweet.  (That's not even that bad compared to a medium Salted Caramel Mocha which has EIGHT PUMPS OF SYRUP: four chocolate and four toffee nut.) 

Now, to get the same wonderful pumpkin-spiciness in my coffee, I just add some pumpkin pie spice to my ground coffee beans in my coffee filter.  And you know what?  It's amazing!  I don't measure, I just shake the spice in there and it flavors my coffee without any additional calories!

I am still intrigued by making my own syrup for homemade Pumpkin Lattes, but for now, this is perfect.

I urge you to give it a try!  A couple of my friends add cinnamon to their coffee filter all year round.  What a great way to add a little something extra to your coffee!

2 comments:

Stacy A said...

You could also try this recipe too, if you want some actual pumpkin in that pumpkin spice coffee. :)

http://www.kimberlyloc.com/2011/09/26/recipe-of-the-week-homemade-pumpkin-spice-latte-the-kitchn/

When I made it, I didn't have pumpkin spice seasoning and failed at making my own, but I'm hoping to give it another try soon. Honestly though, your way is so much easier I think I'll be sticking with that! :)

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

I really do want to try making my own latte sometime, I just need to have some pumpkin handy (I know, I still haven't bought any this season!!!!!! What is wrong with me!?!?) :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin