Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Latte Update

I know everyone is waiting with bated breath to hear about my Pumpkin Spice Latte quest. Well, I decided to be proactive and contact Cosi to see what was going on, and I recieved this very nice (but extremely sad) email back:

Good Afternoon Nakiya,

Unfortunately the Pumpkin Latte will not be making a come back. This
year we're doing the Chocolate Covered Almond Mocha & the Peppermint Hot
Chocolate as our holiday beverages. We're sorry for this inconvenience.
Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

Marany

Cosi Guest Services

Whyyyy Cosi? WHYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!

For good measure I tried the Chocolate Covered Almond Mocha, and unfortuantely I found it pretty undrinkable. The almond flavor was WAY too intense and almost mechanical. It was too overwhelming, there should have been more chocolate to balance it maybe. I cannot believe they thought this drink would be a good replacement for the genius that was their Pumpkin Spice Latte.

In order to mend my wounded heart, I scoped out other places for their versions:
Dunkin' Donuts: YIKES. I'm glad I got the small because this was so sweet I found myself cringing and wanting it to stop.
Panera Bread: Actually quite delicious and not overwhelmingly sweet. Maybe too milky though - I would have liked a stronger coffee flavor I think. I also discovered that a medium size at Panera Bread is quite a bit too much for me - I would definitely order the small next time. I ordered other things too, so I'll write a seperate post soon.
Starbuck's: OK fine. I know it's delicious. I just didn't want to admit it.
Caribou Coffee: Very sweet and much spicier than any that I've tried - definitely taste nutmeg. It also has a distinct orange color to it. Definitely go for the small (16 0z) version. Also, it was $4.24 for the medium, is that outrageous to anyone else?

Does anybody know of other places that sell Pumpkin Spice Lattes? Caribou Coffee is currently on my list, but I would like to try non-chains as well. Maybe Java Joe's has one?

UPDATED 10/19/09 with Caribou Coffee info

5 comments:

SE said...

HI Nakiya,
Have added your blog to my blogroll..cheers to the pumpkin spice latte !!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to find a sugar free pumpkin spice latte. Is it REALLY that hard to do Starbucks????

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

SE - Thanks!!!! I'll add you too!

Allthingsjuice - You're right - that's so surprising Starbuck's doesn't have that!!! I'll be on the lookout for other places!

Simply Life said...

Oh that stinks! I love that they wrote you back though!

Unknown said...

Royal Farm Store

Blog Widget by LinkWithin