Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Claddagh Pub, Canton

A couple of my friends came in from out of town, so a group of us decided to go out for dinner to sit and chat. We ended up choosing Claddagh Pub in Canton Square.

I ordered the Seafood Club ($9.95) which usually comes with crab cake, shrimp salad, bacon, lettuce and tomato. I opted out of the bacon though. Sounds delicious, right? Well, it was good but it just didn't work cohesively as a sandwich. First of all, it was piled WAY too high so I could hardly manage to take a bite! The shrimp salad was great - jumbo shrimp, celery, not overly mayo-y. The crabcake was also well done, with a good amount of meat. But together, the flavors didn't meld. I just felt like I was eating two separate things, which disappointed me a little. Though, I kept in mind it gave me the opportunity to try both! Oh, but the fries were pretty excellent, the right amount of softness vs. crispiness.

One thing I must mention is that most of our sandwiches came un-toasted, which was very odd since there was a "Cold Sandwiches" section on the menu. Doesn't that automatically mean the other sandwiches will be warm?

Anyway, the prices were good for what we got, but the food definitely didn't blow me away. Next time I come to Canton, I can't imagine choosing this place over the other options - especially when it's right next to Helen's Garden! If you just want to go to a pub for a couple of beers, then this place may be super fun, but not for a big group of people that wanted to get dinner and chat.

Claddagh Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin