Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

Panera Bread, Timonium

Isn't it lovely when you wake up on a weekend morning and go out for breakfast? I don't know what it is about going out for breakfast, but it seems like such a wonderful treat, especially if it's a lazy breakfast with coffee and lots of conversation.

Well, recently we decided to meet my parents at Panera Bread in Timonium for just that - and unfortunately, everyone else in the area had the same idea. It was almost chaotic at 10:30am!

What makes it worse is that Panera's pick-up system is RIDICULOUS. Even though you order everything from the same register, you pick your pastries (BEAR CLAW) at the pastry counter, your coffee at the coffee counter, and your sandwiches all the way down the other end.

This makes for a confusing breakfast, especially when you are trying to figure out four people's meals. In the end it all worked out OK, sure, although I received bacon on a sandwich when I didn't want any and we got 2 orange juices instead of 1 - we still left hungry and satisfied. However, this was enough of an annoyance that would make me question coming back here again.

Now, onto the food:
I ordered the egg and cheese breakfast sandwich on ciabatta bread - pretty yummy and hearty, I must say.

Dan ordered the four cheese egg souffle (only because the turkey sausage and potato one was already sold out!) and he enjoyed it. I found the pastry to be a bit sweet, which I don't like because it's meant to be savory!

I also ordered the Pumpkin Spiced Latte, reviewed here

My parents swear by their Bear Claw - an almond paste-filled pastry. This is sooo delicious, and quite big too!

Overall I enjoy Panera's food - but they just HAVE to get a bit more organized or they are going to start losing customer's!

Panera Bread on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Simply Life said...

I agree - there's something about going out to breakfast on the weekend that just seems like the perfect start to the day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin