Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Corner Stable, Cockeysville

Sorry to write two BBQ posts in two days, but the restaurants were quite different!

Corner Stable, which is located just down the street from Andy Nelson's is situated on the corner of Cranbrook Road and York Road - a fairly busy area, and yet I had never been!

I had heard about the ribs more than anything else, so I knew I had to get them. They are a little expensive, at $17.50 for a rack of ribs and fries (I split them with Dan) so I expected a lot.

They came out doused in their sweet BBQ sauce (hence the terrible picture quality below), incredibly succulent and juicy. The meat reminded me more of something you would get in a slow cooker than on a BBQ (which is how Andy Nelson's ribs tasted). Overall though, I felt they were excellent. Dan, however, liked them but said he would choose Andy's ribs over these any day. Once again - taste is all a matter of opinion! The fries were OK, a little too burnt for me.
Wow. This is a really terrible picture

Dan tried their Chicken Philly Cheese Steak ($7.99) which comes with thinly sliced grilled chicken, provolone, lettuce, tomatoes and fried onions. I ended up taking multiple bites from it, I liked it so much. Talk about comfort food. Be warned though - they put mayo on the sandwich, and I know some people (DAN) don't like the surprise of mayo-y sandwiches!

Even though it's a terrible picture, at least you can tell the size of it!

You'd think that we would be full with all that food, but since we went to watch a football game, after a couple of hours....I wanted dessert! We chose a cookie cake type sundae, and as you can see from the picture it was monstrous. The cookie cake (it was a huge cookie, therefore it had more of a cake or brownie consistency) came with vanilla ice cream, fudge sauce, and the most whipped cream I've ever seen. It was decadent to say the least.

So there you have it. Not exactly the most healthy meal in the world, but it went well with football and sharing :)

Corner Stable on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin