Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ra Sushi's Tropical Island-Inspired Cocktails

 Pineapple Express and Bikini Martini

Apart from maybe a gin and tonic, or at THE MOST a margarita, I never make cocktails at home.  I don't  have the ingredients on-hand (as much as I would LOVE to have a bottle of St. Germaine, just because) and in all honesty, I just can't be bothered.  So when I go out to a restaurant and find that they have a fun cocktail menu, I get excited!  I love trying things that I know I will never make for myself at home. 

The newest tropical island-inspired drinks from Ra Sushi are definitely my kind of cocktails (especially the Pineapple Express!).  For $8 each, these cocktails will be available from March 1st-April 30th, or you can make them at home following these recipes!

Pineapple Express
1.25 oz. Kai Young Coconut Shochu
.25 oz. St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
3 oz. pineapple juice
.25 oz. lemon juice (2 lemons)
Splash of Prosecco
2 Pineapple wedges
Slice of lime

Preparation: Muddle pineapple with St. Germain in mixing tin. Add everything except soda, shake and strain into ice filled glass, top with Prosecco soda, garnish with a slice of pineapple and lime.


Bikini Martini
.75 oz. Kai Young Coconut Shochu
.75 oz. vanilla vodka
1.5 oz. pineapple juice
.5 oz. simple syrup
.25 oz. blue Curacao
Splash of lemon-lime soda
Pineapple wedge for garnish

Preparation: Pour all ingredients into mixing tin with ice. Shake and strain into chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and dash of blue Curacao.

RA Sushi
1390 Lancaster Street, Baltimore

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin