Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

GrrChe - Gourmet Grilled Cheese Food Truck


I tried the The Crab Delight ($10) - Grilled Maryland Crab Cake with Monterey Jack Cheese and Tomatoes on Texas Toast from the Grilled Cheese Truck the other day (I still have no idea how I'm supposed to pronounce GrrChe).  First, let's just state the obvious here that this really isn't a grilled cheese...it's a sandwich that happens to have cheese on it ahahaha, but I have never had a crab cake sandwich with cheese on it before, so I thought I would give it a shot.

I thought the crab cake was quite good, obviously it's made from back fin and has a lot of filler, but I did like it.  The cheese was probably overkill - but I realize that it was necessary in order for this truck to sell it!  The toast was buttery, though a tad soggy.  Overall it was a good sandwich, but it felt so unhealthy.  I realize this is my doing - I'm the one that chose the grilled CHEESE sandwich on buttered Texas Toast..... 

All sandwiches come with a pickle and a choice of chips or an apple, which is a nice touch. I am happy that I chose the apple.....I really didn't need it though because the sandwich itself was so filling!!

As well as the basic grilled cheeses ($4.50-$5.50), the menu consists of other really interesting selections.  I'm not sure if these would be too much or just plain delicious - what do you think?
- Lobster Grill ($14) - Lobster with brie or cheddar cheese, celery and spices on a roll
- Pulled Grill ($7.75) - Cheddar cheese, mac and cheese, and pulled pork



GrrChe - Gourmet Grilled Cheese Truck
http://www.grrche.com
http://twitter.com/#!/GrrChe

2 comments:

theminx said...

I don't know how I missed seeing this post...but anyway...yes, GrrChe sammies are definitely soggy. The one I had last week was a real wet mess. This week, I'm trying one of the cheese-only versions. If it's soggy, too, then I'll be skipping this truck in the future.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Yea, I am kicking myself for not just trying one of the plain grilled cheeses first. Let me know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin