Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hot Chocolate Quest: Starbucks

Well, I'm not doing so well on my Hot Chocolate Quest that I mentioned here, other than going to Stone Mill Bakery.

I did, however, pop on over to Starbucks to get their "Black and White" Hot Chocolate - which isn't on the menu! It's a combination of their white chocolate and dark chocolate! Apparently you can also get the same thing as a Mocha as well. Verdict? Still tastes like hot chocolate, but perhaps a bit sweeter because of the white chocolate syrup. However, if I ever want a hot chocolate from Starbucks again I'll still order it only because I feel cool ordering from a "secret menu" hahahahahaha.

In other hot chocolate news, I have come to the conclusion that skim milk doesn't do hot chocolate justice. It loses all the creaminess and flavor. Perhaps next time I'll just try it with a low-fat option instead.

So, are there any other secret menu items I should know about at Starbucks????

2 comments:

Mel said...

OOOHHH I had no idea there was a secret hot chocolate flavor. I will definitely try this the next time I get hot chocolate! Thanks for the insider tip :)

And I think skim milk does it justice! But maybe that's just because I grew up mixing swiss mix with water?

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

ahahah I liked swiss miss too back in the day, until I discovered hot cocoa with milk, and then my world exploded into a creamy chocolatey delight!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin