Lasagna: Runner Food of Excellence
Some of you may be wondering what I like to eat before my long runs. No? None of you care? Too bad, I'm going to tell you.
In all honesty, it varies all the time. The night before my long runs, I've had the following things:
- Lobster Roll from Mike's Fish and Seafood Market
- Chicken Platter from Mi Rancho
- Chicago Hot Dog from Portillos and some Sliders from the Signature Room at the top of the Hancock Tower
- Butter Pasta (SOOOOO Boooooring)
- Pasta with Red Sauce and Chicken (Boooorinnnng)
- Tofu with Rice and Vegetables (Delish but booooring)
- Some other stuff that is probably not that exciting either
One meal that I've had twice now to great success the next day (including my 20 mile run), is the Homemade Meat Sauce Lasagna ($9.25) from Little Taste of Italy (previously reviewed here). I am so in love with this lasagna. Their sauce is slow cooked and a bit sweet, the meat is INCREDIBLY plentiful, and there's enough food for two meals! It's also served with garlic bread, which I happily devour. Although I won't be able to have this same lasagna the night before the marathon (I am going to Luigi's in DC since I am running the Marine Corps Marathon), at least I know that Lasagna has given me good luck before!
So, Baltimore Marathon Runners, need to find a good option for your pre-race meal on Friday the 14th? Consider the Lasagna from Little Taste of Italy!
Not a runner but still want to get in on this sweet lasagna action? Not a problem - this is the ultimate comfort food!