Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crepe du Jour, Mt. Washington

There's something about Mt. Washington that is so charming. Sulgrave Avenue is home to a couple of great restaurants in Baltimore (Ethel and Ramone's being one of them), and so it surprised me that it felt so quiet on Mother's day! In fact, Crepe du Jour was the only place open on that street that day. Luckily for me, that was where I wanted to go. My parents and I sat on the back patio which would be perfect for a summer lunch of a couple of crepes and maybe a nice glass of wine.

We decided to share (which made me VERY happy!) and ended up choosing 2 savory crepes and one dessert crepe. We chose La Napoleon ($10) which came with sauteed mushrooms, artichokes and brie. Now this was great- the combination of the three were fabulous! I thought the brie would overshadow the other two ingredients, but not at all. The second crepe was the Crepe Paysanne ($12) which came with chicken, cream sauce, broccoli, mushrooms and tomatoes. Oh man, super decadent! It was also thicker and more substantial of a crepe than La Napoleon (which doesn't mean better, just more substantial! I loved them equally!). The cream sauce was perfect and went really well with the chickens and mushrooms. Both were great choices.

And now onto the dessert crepe. Oh I was excited about this. I, of course, had to get a crepe with nutella because I consider it a waste of calories if a crepe does not include that delicious hazelnut confection. We ordered the Mount Washington ($10) which was SPECTACULAR! I was literally scraping the plate with my fork to make sure every ounce was eaten. The crepe itself came with strawberries, caramelized apples, whipped cream and nutella. Heaveeeeennnnn, I'm in heaven..... I LOVED the addition of the caramelized apples- it made the crepe into something extra special. What a great end to a meal.

Overall, I was RIDICULOUSLY happy with this restaurant. I would love to come back again and try more things on their menu! It also made me realize how lucky I am that I have Sofi's Crepes near where I work and Crepe du Jour near-ish to where I live. Baltimore is apparently for crepe lovers like myself!

Please check this place out!!!!!!!!!!

Crêpe Du Jour on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin