Additionally, some of you may notice that I post information from the same restaurants/PR agencies, but that is because I post what I receive. I would love to create a Baltimore Events calendar, but to be honest that alone would be a full-time job, and I'm sure there are places elsewhere that have created one.
That being said, feel free to drop me a line if you ever want me to post a FOOD related event on here! OK, onto the good stuff:
Celebrity Chef Tour, October 21st
- Celebrity Chef Tour, hosted by chef Sean Curry at the Baltimore Renaissance Hotel Restaurant, features guest celebrity chefs Marc Anthony Bynum, who appeared on The Food Network’s Chopped, Jennifer Carroll, a finalist on Bravo’s Top Chef, Marc Murphy, featured judge on The Food Network’s, Chopped, and Amanda Cook, nominated for a James Beard Award for Outstanding Pastry Chef. Proceeds will go to benefit the James Beard Foundation — a nonprofit dedicated to celebrating, nurturing, and preserving America’s diverse culinary heritage and future.
- Admission is $140, or $120 if you are a Visa Signature cardholder (just look to see if your Visa Card says 'Visa Signature' across it). With the ticket purchase you will have the opportunity to meet the chefs and engage in a Q&A session after enjoying multiple course dinner with wine and beer pairings!!!
Enjoy Fall in Maryland!
- This fall, the Maryland Office of Tourism wants to encourage Marylanders to enjoy their own state by participating in various events this month. Here is a sampling:
- Oktoberfest celebrations are taking place all throughout Maryland where visitors can sample German beers, traditional food, live music, and dancing. Check out Das Best Oktoberfest, happening October 9 at Timonium Fairgrounds, which promises to feature over 100 unique German beers, live bands, and contests. Children ages 10 and under are free!
- Maryland Autumn Wine Festival: This two-day wine festival on October 16 and 17 at Pemberton Historical Park in Salisbury, Maryland offers wine tastings, wine by the glass, and full bottles available for purchase from the many local wineries and vineyards. It also features arts and crafts, live musical performances, and FOOD :)
- If you can’t make it to one of the festivals, take a walk down one of Maryland’s wine trails. Patuxent Wine Trail is a collection of five wineries up and down the Calvert County peninsula.
- p.s. Maryland travelers can also find out where the brightest red, orange and gold foliage is in the state by calling 1-800-LEAVES-1 (1-800-532-8371). Cute!!!
National Aquarium's Fall Fresh Thoughts Seafood Dining Series, November 16th and January 25th
- National Aquarium’s 2010 fall series of Fresh Thoughts: A Sustainable Seafood Dining Series, which celebrates sustainable and creative seafood choices, while providing you with a delicious meal :)
- The next Fresh Thoughts dinner will be held on Tuesday, November 16 and prepared by Chef Tamesha Warren, Sous Chef of The Oval Room, and a contestant on this season’s Top Chef – Washington, DC.
- The final event of the series with be held on Tuesday, January 25 featuring Owner/Executive Chef of Salt Tavern, Jason Ambrose.
- Cost: $79 members: $89 non-members. Reservations required. Event details at or 410-576-3869
“Cocktails for a Cure” at B&O American Brasserie
- B&O American Brasserie's “Cocktails for a Cure,” is a two-month long initiative to support the fight against HIV/AIDS. Each time a guest purchases any of three hand-crafted Red Ribbon Cocktails, the restaurant will donate $1 to Chase Brexton Health Services.
- This year’s featured cocktails are $10 each and include:
- Rouge - Belvedere Vodka, Grand Marnier; Campari and fresh orange juice shaken with fresh raspberries
- Ruby Red – Belvedere Pink Grapefruit Vodka, Lilet Blanc, fresh grapefruit juice and simple syrup muddled with ginger coins and sparked with club soda
- VS Smash – Hennessy VS, Grand Marnier, 10yr Tawny Port and lemon juice muddled with pineapple and dusted with grated nutmeg
B&O American Brasserie introduces their new Fall Menu
B&O loves to create menu items related to the season. There are a TON of options, but I selected a few that especially called out to me:
- New starters:
- Guinness-Root Vegetable Gnocchi ($12) with braised oxtail, pumpkin & sage.
- New items from the brick oven:
- Short Rib Flatbread ($12) with confit portobello mushrooms and baby arugula
- Side dishes
- Leek & Apple Hash ($5)
- Lavender Honey Grits, ($5).
- Crispy Skin Wild Coho Salmon ($27) with leeks, fennel and Reid’s apple hash, buttered crab and candied bacon
- Sous Vide Ono (Wahoo) ($25) with roast pumpkin, smoked corn and lobster-pumpkin seed broth.
- Daily Specials:
- Sunday: Sunday Night Supper ($16)
- Monday: Although Not Your Dad’s Mixed Grill ($24)
- Tuesday: Sous Vide Short Rib ($22)
- Wednesday: Buttermilk Fried Chicken ($19)
- Thursday: Gunpowder Farms Bison Cheeks ($22)
- Friday: Black Pot Thighs & 40 Cloves of Garlic ($19)
- Saturday: Pork chops & Apple Sauce ($23)
- Gin de Provence ($11) - Plymouth Gin, Dolin Dry Vermouth, Herbs de Provence, Simple Syrup, Mist of Absinthe.
- Local Line ($9) - Housemade Arancello & Housemade Spiced-Hibiscus Soda.
- Last Ride of Ichabod Crane ($11)- Sailor Jerry’s Spiced Rum, Brandy, Sweet Pumpkin Milk
How Much Will $30 Get You at Phillips Seafood Restaurant?
- Don't forget that Phillips is offering 30 Crabs for $30 every Wednesday throughout the month of October.
- Additionally, from now through December 31st, Phillips Seafood will provide a menu of three courses for only $30. The menu includes Phillips Chopped Salad, crab cakes, and homemade warm cinnamon bread pudding.