Chicken, Corn and "Apple" Pizza
After all the hoopla I’ve heard about Joe Squared, I expected my life to change upon the first bite of the coal-fired pizza. It didn’t happen. I’m not sure it could have since my pizza was so lacking in…..flavor and deliciousness :o/
I decided to go for something fun and chose the Chicken, Corn and Apple Pizza (10 inch for $15) but instead I received some forgettable chicken, some corn, cheese, a very spicy tomato sauce, SO MANY onions and, oh yea, a few tiny diced pieces of granny smith apples in one corner of the pizza. No, this is not what I was expecting, Joe Squared, when you told me there would be apple on my pizza. I am in FALL mode now – I want apples everywhere and in everything, so don’t insult me with tiny diced pieces (in one corner, no less!) when I dream of big ol’ slices of apple all over my pizza.
- The 10inch pizza was definitely a good size for one person.
- They have a HUGE risotto selection, which is something you don't see very often. I had a taste of the bacon and apple risotto and all I tasted was salt and (surprise, surprise) no apple. But it was still very comforting, and if you're not a fan of pizza, I would suggest getting a small risotto and a small salad.
- This isn't a very pretty place, definitely a bar type feel to it, but a surprising number of the patrons on a weekday evening were older. I am assuming the young crowd comes later at night.
- They have a huge bar list, and a TON of rum.
- Their desserts are from Puffs and Pastries
So in conclusion, perhaps I ordered wrong, or perhaps my pizza would have been flavorful had they actually served what I wanted, but nevertheless what I was served was boring. If someone wanted to meet me there for some food, I would say yes and definitely choose another type of pizza from the menu, but I probably won’t suggest it myself. For that type of money and for the amount of praise Joe Squared has received, I expected a little more.