Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cazbar, Downtown

Thanks to Living Social, I had a $30 off coupon (I paid $15) towards Cazbar, a Turkish restaurant on Charles Street, so Dan and I decided to use it towards a nice (and cheap) date night.  I am so happy we chose Cazbar! Aside from the yummy food, I also loved the decor of this place - tons of hanging lanterns, moody lighting and warm colors.

Soujuk

For our appetizer, we chose to order a Pide, a Turkish version of a flatbread, called Soujuk that was stuffed with Turkish beef sausage and cheese.  It reminded me of a pepperoni pizza, to be honest.  It was warm and cheesy and quite yummy...but it still reminded me enough of pizza to not feel like it was worth the $10, especially since our entrees were $2 more!


.  Gyro

We both chose the Gyro ($12) for dinner, and it came with salad and fries on the side.  $12!!!!!!!!!  That is a ridiculous deal.  And this sandwich was HUGE and GOOD.  Oh man! And the fries were excellent too.  I may always order a side of fries anytime I come here, they are just that good!!! :)  This gyro is a different sort of taste and feel compared to the ones you get on the streets - but you'll like it regardless.  It's a little more dressed up....although it does come in a foil wrapper which made me feel a bit foolish :)  I would happily come and get this again.  Happily.  

Also, we went on a Friday night, and they have valet parking for FREE before 9pm.  After 9pm it's $5 because they have a belly dancer.  They also have a hookah lounge upstairs apparently, though we didn't check it out.  Maybe you should, and let me know what you think!



Cazbar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin