Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy St. David's Day!


Today is St. David's Day - the patron saint of Wales!

I went to Wales when I was much younger but sadly I hardly remember it :(  I would love to go again - it's soooo beautiful! 

I also, unfortunately, drank a cup of Scottish tea this morning instead of the Prince of Wales tea I recently bought.  Oh well - one day I'll get better about creating themes to my day :)

Welsh cakes
Picture from BBC Food

Instead, I leave you with a recipe for Welsh Cakes from BBC Food (a GREAT place for recipes, p.s.), which apparently you need to serve with "lashings of butter and jam."  I wish someone would make these for me IMMEDIATELY.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love the "lashing" with butter and jam, how gentle. These look so lovely, must make!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin