Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Havana Road Cuban Cafe, Towson

Yucca Fries

Havana Road Cuban Cafe is a charming restaurant in Towson, a place I would love to revisit often.  You can tell someone put a lot of thought into the design of this place.  The colors on the walls are warm, the lighting is dim, and on each table is a Cuban Cigar box full of photographs from Cuba.  What a great touch!

Oh yea, and their food is delicious :)

To start, we ordered some Yucca Fries ($4) and I must tell you that these were AMAZINGGGGGGG!!!!  Soooo soft on the inside, almost gooey in fact, and yet so crispy on the outside.  It's everything you want in fries!  We also tried the Tostones ($4) which were also crispy and perfectly seasoned. 

Carne Con Papas

Carne Con Papas ($14.50) - Cuban Beef Stew served with a side of plantains, rice and black beans (only available Thursday, Friday and Saturday).  This was an EXCELLENT entree, and one that really covers all the bases of everything I wanted to try - meat, beans, rice and plantains :)  The stew was succulent and hearty and the beans and rice were perfect complements - they didn't try to steal the show.  The plantains were a nice added bonus.  This was a hefty portion, you could easily take some home the next day for lunch!

Since the restaurant is a BYOB, they smartly offer virgin Sangria, Mojito and Margarita mixes.  I tried the Sangria mix and it was light and fruity and paired well with my red wine.  You can buy it by the pitcher or glass.  If you're going in a group, I would recommend getting the pitcher :)





Important note: This place is small! I would recommend going with 4 people at the maximum, and to make a reservation because this place can get busy.  The service was a bit dodgy when we went, but I will chalk it up to it being our servers first night, and will say nothing more.

Overall, I loved our time at this restaurant!  The atmosphere was so inviting, and the food is so delicious!  Oh yea, and next time I am going to order the Cuban Hot Chocolate and Churros ($5.50).  I am slightly angry at myself that I didn't save enough room for me to try it!!! :)  I can't wait to come again!


Havana Road Cuban Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin