Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Prime Rib, Mt. Vernon - Review and Dealon COUPON

Hot Fudge Sundae, yes the bowl was almost as big as my face

Do I even need to introduce The Prime Rib?  The restaurant opened in 1965 and it's a place you go to spend lots of money on some AMAZINGLY good steaks (or actually, anything else) and a classy, romantic atmosphere.  As their website says, it's decorated to "evoke the elegant supper clubs of 1940s Manhattan" and you really do get a sense of that.  

You also spend a lot of money to have the most incredibly attentive servers. Our server kept thanking me when he cleared my plate or refilled my water.  It was almost strange.  

Dan and I first started with some cocktails.  He chose the Mojito and I chose a Pimm's Cup, which has now led me to be obsessed with Pimm's.  Thanks, Prime Rib!  The drinks were both refreshing and delicious. 

We then ordered our salads ($9.95) which were HUGE!  Dan ordered the Caesar Salad and I ordered the House Salad. Delish.

Dan's Filet Oscar

And then, the moment of truth.  The Entrees.  I ordered the 8oz Filet Mignon ($40.95) and Dan ordered the Filet Oscar ($51.95) - Topped with jumbo lump crab, asparagus and bearnaise sauce.  Holy moly, it was THE BEST steak I've ever had in my life.  Incredibly tender and juicy.  I couldn't get over how amazing it was, I kept sighing after each bite!!!!!  Of course, Dan kept on raving about his Filet Oscar with generous portions of lump crab.  We also ordered one side - the Au Gratin Potatoes ($7.95) which were cheesy and decadent.  After the salads and the entrees, one side was definitely enough for the both of us.

At this point we were totally full, but then we saw this amazing dessert pass by our table, and we knew we had to have it - the Hot Fudge Sundae ($8.50) (pictured above).  OMG IT WAS SO GOOD.  Just a huge bowl of delight.

All in all, our experience at The Prime Rib was flawless.  My steak was the best I had ever had, and the service was impeccable.  This is one of those restaurants that you need to try at least once, so if you are looking for a place to celebrate something or if you want an elegant and romantic dinner - keep this place in mind!

Of course it is WOH expensive, so we were happy to use a coupon towards the meal - and they are offering one on DealOn today!  $29 for $60 for Food AND Drinks!!!!

P.S. Even though it does say that the dress code is Business Casual (except for Saturday's when a jacket IS required), men - please wear a jacket!!!  Dan was THE ONLY man in the restaurant without a jacket.  Even the 13 year old boy who was celebrating his birthday had a jacket on hahahahahaha.


Prime Rib on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

theminx said...

For $41 that better damn well be the best steak of your life! LOL

Of course, I had a steak that was even more expensive than that, at Craftsteak (thankfully on someone else's dime) and it wasn't near the best I've ever had.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

LOL seriously!!!!

Where is Craftsteak? It sounds like a place I should never tell my husband about because he'll want to go immediately hahahahahha

theminx said...

Craftsteak *was* in NY, Tom Colicchio's steakhouse, which is now a different restaurant, Colicchio and Sons.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Where do you think you've had the best steak?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin