Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Grand Cafe, Baltimore

So I stopped into Grand Café for an iced coffee of some sort (which is RIDICULOUS because I was looking forward to wearing tights + scarves + boots + cute hate + warm coat and celebrate AUTUMN) and ended up ordering a medium iced mocha for $2.70. After I took my first sip, I couldn’t stop! It was pure, unadulterated, liquid deliciousness. That is the only way to describe it. I was literally bounding down Charles Street with a purpose in my step because I was convinced I had found THE greatest iced coffee mocha in Baltimore.

And then I stopped.

I forgot to tell the barista I wanted it with skim milk.

OF COURSE it was delicious. The full fat version of ANYTHING is delicious – look at Julia Child’s cooking! Oh well, I mustn’t (isn’t that the weirdest word ever) take anything away from Grand Café- they make a truly delicious mocha, but since I usually order the Skim version, I cannot compare it with other cafes. Comparing a full fat iced mocha to its skim milk counterpart is like comparing a piece of Wedding Cake from Sugarbakers (mmmmmmmm....droool) to Animal Crackers. You just don’t go there.


Grand Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin