Search This Blog

Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy End of Summer!



I slightly despise the summer.
I don't like sweating after being outside for two minutes
I don't like mosquito bites
I don't like humidity
I don't like awkward tans (from thonged sandals or a tank top + shoulder bag)

But I will miss the amazing fresh and local fruit and vegetables......and that's pretty much it

I cannot tell you how excited I am for Autumn.
I love ALL the foods associated with this time - apple pie, stews, cider, cider donuts (Weber's Farm!!!!), squash anything, candy apples etc. etc.
I also REALLY love the various Autumn activities - visiting vineyards (you can even help harvest grapes at Basignani!), pumpkin picking, apple picking, going on a hayride, hiking, baking and cooking incessantly.

Anything you are especially excited for?


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin