Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Morning Haiku and MAINE TRIP

 Me on South Bubble Mountain after a scary hike

I hiked a mountain
And ate blueberry pancakes
Oh MAN I miss Maine

Seriously, I had some of the best blueberry pancakes of my LIFE out in Bar Harbor.  Also, let's say this again, I CLIMBED A MOUNTAIN!!!!!  I only stopped twice to have a slight panic attack about falling down and dying. 

 Lobster Rolls from Red's Eats, more than a whole lobster on one roll!!!!!

You have GOT to visit Acadia National Park, it's just spectacular.  And Bar Harbor was a paradise for me, because the food was ridiculously good, and the restaurants care about local and sustainable eating!!!!  Oh yea, and of course we ate a ton of lobster (p.s. Thanks Alexander for giving me the tip about Red's Eats in Wiscasset!)


The obligatory Lobster Feast!

If you are planning to go there, shoot me an email and I'll send you some recommendations!  All in all, this was such a fun and fabulous anniversary trip, Dan and I had the best time and can't wait to go back!!!!

Yay Maine!

5 comments:

Simply Life said...

oh that looks like such a fun time!!!

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

It was! Have you ever been to Maine? How close is it to Boston?

Unknown said...

You should see some of my pics of ALL the lobster I ate while we were up there a few summers ago- they are on facebook! Love it up there!

Anonymous said...

Ooh- now I want to go to Maine!

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Seriously, Maine = awesome. Although, don't tell anyone up there, but I love crab soooo much better than lobster. SSSSSHhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin