Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Juana Burrito is Packing Up?

Yesterday, Juana Burrito posted this mysterious status on their Facebook Page:


"Juana's leaving Balto! Thanks so much for all of your support.  If you are interested in starting your own truck email brian.sacks@gmail.com"

There is no other explanation - can anyone fill us in?  I am so sad I never got to try Juana Burrito, my husband was able to and he LOVED their fish tacos.  It seems strange that they are leaving after they've been getting such good press lately.

Let me know if you've heard anything additional.  Thanks!

7/3/10 update:  They've actually started their own Non-Profit to help other Mobile Food Vans:  http://www.mobilefoodprofits.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One would have to guess that it just wasn't making enough money. What other explanation could there be? It's very difficult to sustain a food business without having a solid location in order to build a steady client base. I thought they would have been capitalized enough to go more then 4 months though.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

You are right, that has to be the only reason...I was just shocked because I thought they were doing so well! Oh well :(

Blog Widget by LinkWithin