Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Groupon: $20 for $40 at Mt. Rain's Fun House

Today's Groupon is $20 for $40 at Mr. Rain's Fun House at the American Visionary Art Museum.  I have never been to either place, so I bet this would be a fun Baltimore day!

Here is what I would get:

DRINKS -OMG THEIR SANGRIASSo tempting! All of them! How would I ever choose! ($11)
  • ROJO - Juan Gil Red Wine {Spain}, Bombay Dry Gin, Orange Liqueur, Orange Juice
  • BLANCO - Protocolo White Wine {Spain}, Crop Organic Cucumber Vodka, Mint
  • ROSADO - Lucky 7 Rose Wine {Argentina}, Flor de Cana Rum, Licor 43, Pomegranate
APPETIZERS
  • PEI Mussels ($10) - Sambal & sparkling wine  
    • Prince Edward Island isn't just famous for the precocious redheaded girl - their mussels are fantastic too
  • Lumpia ($8) - chicken & shrimp spring rolls  
    • Why not?  I love crispy fried things.
MEDIUM PLATES - I wanna know how medium is medium, cause those prices aren't so medium.....
  • Korean Braised Short Ribs ($24) - Potatoes, mushrooms   
    • I love short ribs.  Full stop.
  • Salmon ($20) - Black rice, English peas, radish cream  
    • The first time I was served a different colored rice (I think it was purple), I was very annoyed I was not warned.  Too bad I later realized I was served "forbidden rice"
  • Seared Scallops ($24) - Roasted tomatoes, fennel  
    • I'm a sucker for fennel anything.
DESSERT
Why don't people ever have desserts listed on their menu?  Do they not understand this is one of the most important choices of a person's day!?!?!?!?!?!


Have you been here?  Heard of anyone that has tried the $300 Suckling Pig Platter (!!)???

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin