Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kooper's Chowhound Burger Truck

 mmmmmm look at all those grilled onions

Recently I had the opportunity to get a burger from Kooper's Chowhound Burger Truck. I decided to Build-My-Own-Burger for $8:  I chose the bison as my meat, topped it with cheddar cheese, grilled onions and lettuce (3 toppings are included, 50cents for each additional topping) and then got ketchup as my sauce.  What an awesome awesome burger.  The meat was cooked perfectly, and I loved the kaiser roll.  And oh my was it filling - I was full for HOURS! It's also important to note that my meal was ready pretty quickly, which is great when you're waiting in the cold. 

I didn't get any fries, though I did steal a couple from my coworker :), but they are $2 whether you choose their regular fries, sweet potato fries, or a mix of fifty-fifty.

Next time (oh yes, there will be a next time), I think I will try one of their Signature Burgers - perhaps the Baja Burger ($8) which has jack and cheddar cheeses, baja slaw and jalapeno ranch wrapped in a tortilla.  Maybe I will get that with a turkey burger instead. MMMMMM I can't wait!

Want to know where they are?  Follow them on Twitter or Facebook or just check their website.

Oh Glorious Food Truck movement, how I love you so!


Kooper's Chowhound Burger Wagon (Mobile Cart) on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

theminx said...

Turkey burgers are good, as are beef. I had elk a few weeks ago and it was tasty but maybe a bit too lean.

One problem with them being done so quickly...they are often too cool in the center and if you get cold toppings, it soon becomes an ice-burger.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

They had elk on the truck!??

Also, ice-burger is NEVER good - glad I haven't had that!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey.... I found a new truck. Its called souper freaks... get it SOUP-er. They were at Hopkins Hospital today. I've never seen them there before so I got excited and ordered the vegan zucchini and watercress and the not so vegan BLT. Both were really first rate, especially the soup. The truck is bright orange and the owner is a really energetic and happy to see you lady. I don't know their schedule but I checked out the website and its cute. Souperfreaks.com.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Yum! Thanks for letting me know, Irene!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin