Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

RECIPE: Simple Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

(Why yes, that IS a Ravens lunch bag in the background hahaha)

I love banana bread.  I love that it's easy-peasy and allows me to use up fruit that I would have otherwise thrown away.  I love that it's called bread even though it's a cake.  I love that I can then also take said bread and add chocolate chips and STILL not call it a cake. 

What I also love is this recipe - it's simple (IT ONLY NEEDS ONE BOWL) and makes the house smell divine!

Yes, yes, I realize you are all trying to be good for the New Year - but it's BREAD, remember!  :)

Simple One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Adapted from here

Ingredients
    3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
    1/3 cup oil
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 egg, beaten
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    Pinch of salt
    1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
    2 handfuls chocolate chips

Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Toss in the baking soda and salt and mix.
- Add the flour, mix.
- Add desired amount of chocolate chips, mix.  You will probably add more.
- Pour mixture into a greased 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for an hour, or whenever your knife comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and CONSUME

4 comments:

theminx said...

That recipe looks good. I usually use this one, which is very moist and delicious.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

ooooh i bet the sour cream really makes it moist - thanks for the recipe!

Jen said...

I love this banana bread! I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's really good without chocolate chips too.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

ahahaha without chocolate chips!?!?!? the horror!!!!!! :) :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin