Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Coffeeland, Baltimore City

Oh early morning meetings, how I hate you. However, they give me an excuse to treat myself to a delicious coffee! I had a little extra time this morning so I went further up Charles Street to Coffeeland, opposite the Tremont Hotel. I walked in and really wanted to walk right out because there was no ambience WHATSOEVER. And granted, I was going to get my mocha to go...but I still wanted that coffee-shop feel. It's not here. It's dingy and kinda messy. There are no red walls adorned with fancy artwork here. It's just about the coffee and the food. I ordered a medium mocha, and to my luck they give free flavor shots on Wednesdays! My mocha ended up being $3.02 for 16oz, which is a steal for this area. They also have an array of breakfast sandwiches and toppings, as well as pastries that were extremely reasonable. The mocha itself was great! The coffee isn't strong at all, and perhaps it's a liiiiitle too sweet. But I still like it.
Overall, I'm not sure how many times I will make the trek to this place but it's nice to know there's a really reasonable place in this area for a good coffee and a breakfast sandwich (although it is open for lunch as well).

Coffeeland
222 N Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21201

Coffeeland on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin