Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chili's, The $20 Food Deal

I've got to hand it to Chili's. I am pretty vocal about my dislike for that chain, and yet somehow I still say "yes" when my husband pleads me to go with him. I don't know what it is about Chili's, but sometimes I go there and have a delicious meal, and sometimes I go there and hate everything about the place.

Recently, I went to Chili's and was pleasantly surprised about an amazing promotion they were having- $20 for one appetizer, two entrees, and one dessert. How cheap! How brilliant! We ordered our usual for the appetizer- bottomless chips and salsa, and then I ordered the crispy chicken tacos for my dinner and Dan ordered the Fire Grilled Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadillas. Dan loved his quesadillas- but he still said that my order would probably be what he would choose next time. He loves anything with their crispy chicken crispers.

What can I say about my crispy chicken tacos? They were ok- nothing special, apart from the price. They were too crispy in some parts, and I felt like I was eating a bone. The tacos can get a bit messy, but overall they are filling and somewhat tasty. They also come with sides of rice and beans, which I didn't end up really eating because I ADORE chips and salsa.

For the dessert we chose the Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie which is essentially a thick chocolate chip cookie with a big mound of vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce on top. It is impossible to eat this dessert and not feel terrible about yourself. There, I said it. I don't even WANT to know how many calories are in this dessert. UGH.
Needless to say- it was delicious....but I'm not sure if that diminishes the fact that you still feel ridiculously guilty to your wasitline for eating it.

Anyway, I still applaud Chili's for giving us this $20 promotion. Deals like these really help sweeten these sour economic times.

Chili's Grill & Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin