Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

El Guapito's, Downtown

Not at El Guapito's - Image by Aaron Murphy
YUM!
El Guapito's Mexican restaurant needs to be in a better location. I am just nervous that not a lot of people know about this place! I want it near more traffic, especially because it's so close to Mt. Vernon. Luckily, a friend told me to check this place out so we went for lunch one day. Oh it was a good day.

We tried the guacamole ($6 for large - good for sharing) with crunchy thick tortilla chips. The guacamole itself was just OK, but I loved the chips.

The tacos though, ohhhhhhh the tacos were amazing. I tried the Carne Asada, Carne Al Pastor and the Chorizo ($2.75 each). The tortillas tasted homemade and the meat was grilled to perfection. I loved the seasoning, the flavorings, the EVERYTHING.

I can't wait to come back here! I'd love to get more tacos, but it would be great to try their Tostadas and Enchiladas as well.

El Guapito on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

Alexander D. Mitchell IV said...

Ummmm........... you're only helping the "hidden away" situation by not telling us just where the place IS......... shall I just wander the neighborhoods close to Mt. Vernon until I find it? Or did you hide the address where I'm too dense to find it?

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

HAHAHAHA I am ridiculous!!!! I updated it to include the address. hahahaha thanks for noticing :)

Alexander D. Mitchell IV said...

Lesson One, Day One of Journalism 101: Who, What, When, Where, How, and (if necessary) Why..... <:-)

starla said...

This place is amazing, the food is clearly made by people who love to cook and have a lifetime of training in mexican food appreciation.
TRY THE MOLE. I like the thick crunchy homemade chips, I like the beans and the rice (I generally find those bland enough to leave on the plate), I like other entrees I've tried, but THE MOLE is really special.
Thanks for going with me! that was lovely, yes, a good day!

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Yes, the Mole! I remember taking a bite from yours and thought it was great!

Anonymous said...

Indeed it's an excellent, charming little place: across the street and around the corner from the Basilica (on same block as Pratt Central Library). Don't let the location put you off.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Yes, charming is a great word to describe this place

Blog Widget by LinkWithin