Search This Blog


Thursday, January 7, 2010

El Guapito's, Downtown

Not at El Guapito's - Image by Aaron Murphy
El Guapito's Mexican restaurant needs to be in a better location. I am just nervous that not a lot of people know about this place! I want it near more traffic, especially because it's so close to Mt. Vernon. Luckily, a friend told me to check this place out so we went for lunch one day. Oh it was a good day.

We tried the guacamole ($6 for large - good for sharing) with crunchy thick tortilla chips. The guacamole itself was just OK, but I loved the chips.

The tacos though, ohhhhhhh the tacos were amazing. I tried the Carne Asada, Carne Al Pastor and the Chorizo ($2.75 each). The tortillas tasted homemade and the meat was grilled to perfection. I loved the seasoning, the flavorings, the EVERYTHING.

I can't wait to come back here! I'd love to get more tacos, but it would be great to try their Tostadas and Enchiladas as well.

El Guapito on Urbanspoon


Alexander D. Mitchell IV said...

Ummmm........... you're only helping the "hidden away" situation by not telling us just where the place IS......... shall I just wander the neighborhoods close to Mt. Vernon until I find it? Or did you hide the address where I'm too dense to find it?

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

HAHAHAHA I am ridiculous!!!! I updated it to include the address. hahahaha thanks for noticing :)

Alexander D. Mitchell IV said...

Lesson One, Day One of Journalism 101: Who, What, When, Where, How, and (if necessary) Why..... <:-)

starla said...

This place is amazing, the food is clearly made by people who love to cook and have a lifetime of training in mexican food appreciation.
TRY THE MOLE. I like the thick crunchy homemade chips, I like the beans and the rice (I generally find those bland enough to leave on the plate), I like other entrees I've tried, but THE MOLE is really special.
Thanks for going with me! that was lovely, yes, a good day!

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Yes, the Mole! I remember taking a bite from yours and thought it was great!

Anonymous said...

Indeed it's an excellent, charming little place: across the street and around the corner from the Basilica (on same block as Pratt Central Library). Don't let the location put you off.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Yes, charming is a great word to describe this place

Blog Widget by LinkWithin