It’s opening on January 15 and will be open 7 days a week from 5-10 pm with extended bar and late dining hours until 1 am. They also have a coffee and wine bar which is open 7 days a week from 11 am-2 am. And of course, they offer a happy hour, 7 days a week from 5-7 pm.
Here are some menu items that were sent to me. My comments are in red italics.
- Aragosta Pasta e Caci, lobster mac and cheese with chiocciole pasta, smoked gouda béchamel, white truffle essence, and citus pistacio gremolata ($12) Fancy mac and cheese? Always a crowd pleaser!
- Caprese di Fungi, portabella mushroom, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, fresh basil and an imported balsamic reduction ($7).
- Salmone Affumicato Bruschetta with fresh dill, capers, house smoked salmon and chive crème friache ($8)
- Pepe Rosso Buschetta with fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper, fresh oregano and a balsamic reduction ($6).
- Margherita Flatbread with fresh oregano, tomato confit, fresh mozzarella and basil ($8)
- Maryland Granchi Flatbread, jumbo lump crab, roasted garlic, sautéed spinach, grape tomatoes and shaved parmigiano-reggiano ($14).
ITALIAN SUSHI! Italian sushi! What a crazy combination! Crazy enough though that it sounds intriguing!
- The selection of Crudo are served with either three ($9) or six ($17) varieties of fresh fish and include: Salmon with lemon caper aioli; Hiramasa with a blood orange balsamic glaze, yum I love blood oranges!; Arctic Char with a basil pesto; Hamachi with roasted red pepper puree; Yellowfin Tuna with red pepper oil and sea salt; and White Tuna with lemon oil and pine nuts.
- Uva Fogliame Con Salmone, seared salmon, fresh mozzarella, sautéed mushrooms, sundried tomato, grape leaves and lemon caper aioli ($12)
- Milan Rotolo, Avocado, sun dried tomato, fried calamari, nori, seasoned rice, white tuna, yellowfin tuna, basil pesto, and blood orange balsamic glaze ($18). Sign me up for this one!!!!
PASTA AND DINNER SELECTIONS
- Ravioli Deconstruito, cold water lobster, jumbo lump crab, shrimp, house made pasta, swiss chard, and pink peppercorn cream sauce ($28). How wonderful, yes I would like you
- Risotto Capasanta, seared scallops, wild mushrooms, fire roasted corn and white truffle essence ($22) Oh delightful! I would love you as well!
- Vitello, 14 oz. veal porterhouse with a wild mushroom risotto cake and smoked tomato demi glace ($38)
- Bistecca Con L’Osso, 20 oz. dry rubbed USDA Choice bone-in ribeye with Yukon gold mash and melted leeks ($42). mmmm there's something so comforting about melted leeks
HOUSE MADE DESSERTS – I want to try ALL of these. I hate turning down house made desserts!!!!! I'm a big sucker for creme brulee's though, so that would probably be my first choice
- Torta di Formaggio, honey ricotta cheesecake with a balsamic strawberry compote and candied rosemary ($8)
- Milan’s Tiramisu ($8)
- Grand Marnier Crème Brulee ($8)
- Piatoo di Fromaggio, a selection of Italian cheese ($12)
- Dolce & Gabbana, Godiva Milk Chocolate Liqueur, Stoli Raz Vodka, a splash of club soda and fresh raspberries ($11)
- Gucci Envy, Absolute Apple Vodka, Sour Apple Liquor, and a splash of Midori and pineapple juice ($10).
- Passion of Milan, Captain Morgan Passion Fruit, fresh brewed iced-tea, and a splash of lime juice ($8) I love passion fruit, this sounds like a lovely drink
- Variety of flavorful mojitos ($10-12). ooooooh, i'm a big mojito fan, especially lots of flavors!
Overall, this restaurant’s menu shows that it’s trying to step outside of the box with regular Italian cuisine. I think that’s a smart move in opening a new place. I wish it the best of luck in its opening!
1002 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21202-4326
visit http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=36967 for reservations