Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Taharka Brothers, Mount Washington



I can't believe I forgot to blog about this place!

Oh sweet deliciousness. Oh sweet love of all things icey and creamy. This is my ode to you.

Well, as you can see, I love Taharka Brothers ice cream (formerly Sylvan Beach). This is a new discovery of mine, even though I've known about them and their mission for a while. At Artscape I tried the key lime pie flavor and I'm not sure if it was because I was highly dehydrated and extremely sweaty, but that creamy delight was the best thing that had ever happened to me.

I mean, it tasted like a key lime pie! Crust and all! The lime flavor wasn't overpowering but just enough to make me feel citrusy cool. I went again to their cute shop in Mount Washington (which stays open really late) and ordered their strawberry ice cream and that was ALSO incredible. Everything seems so fresh and so pure-- you know that the ingredients are the real thing.

Oh I can't wait to try more.

Oh yes, and on top of that they serve the community by teaching at-risk youth about business and entrepreneurship. It feels good to eat ice cream!



Sylvan Beach on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin