Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

California Pizza Kitchen, Hunt Valley

When I went to California Pizza Kitchen the other day, I wasn't in the mood for a pizza. Luckily for me this was not a problem because I saw this yummy new salad they had on their menu: their Moroccan Chicken Salad. Here is how they describe it I got the large version for about $12, but I probably would have been fine with a half salad the portion was so huge:

Moroccan-spiced chicken breast with crisp Romaine lettuce, roasted butternut squash, Medjool dates, fresh avocado, toasted almonds, fresh beets, chopped egg, carrots, dried cranberries and red bell peppers. Tossed with our champagne vinaigrette.

I really just wanted to get it for the dates, but overall I was completey happy with the whole package. There were LOTS of these ingredients, especially the dates which made the plate nice and colorful. All the ingredients were featured, though they were heavy on the dried cranberries rather than the dates (understandably). I would absolutely order this again, in fact, it would be hard to order a pizza over this salad. I hope they keep it around!

I also tried the white sangria (Caribbean Sunset Sangria to be exact) for $7.50, it was quite delicious and sweet with a lot of peach puree. I thought this was lovely, but could only have one because of the sweetness.

In the end, I was super happy with my meal!

California Pizza Kitchen
Hunt Valley Towne Centre
118 Shawan Road, Hunt Valley MD
410-785-3336

1 comment:

Simply Life said...

yum! that is one chain I'm always happy visiting! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin