Yayayaya I am so excited about the Groupon today!!!!!!!! - $20 for $40 towards food at The Dogwood in Hampden. I used to LOVE The Dogwood Cafe, so I know the restaurant will not disappoint me!
I snatched up a coupon, and I am already daydreaming about what I would like to get for my meal. I want to use the coupon for my birthday in August, so although the menu is likely to change, here is what I would get if I went TOMORROW:
- Dogwood Potato Chips and Dip ($4.50)- hand-cut organic Tuscarora potatoes, local Keswick quark-fresh herb dip.
- Comfort food! Yes please.
- Gruyere Gougeres ($4) - bowl of choux pastry puffs house-baked with sharp, artisan Swiss cheese and thyme.
- I used to see this at the Dogwood Cafe, and I've always regretted not getting some. Now is my chance!
- The Dogwood, Springtime ($10) - citrus-infused Prairie vodka, couintreau, splash of Campari, agave nectar, pomegranate juice and a splash of fresh lemon juice, topped with Prosecco, garnished with a cucumber round and a lemon twist, served over ice, sangria-style in a wine glass.
- It just sounds pretty.
- Earth Mother ($12) - G’Vine Gin de France, yellow chartreuse, freshly squeezed lemon juice, coarse black pepper, garnished with tarragon.
- This sounds awesomely crazy.
- Galen's Margarita ($10) - Patron Anejo, house-made sour, fresh lime, finished with Grand Marnier.
- Let's just be honest here, you know I'm going to get this. I love me some margis.
- Ancho Braised Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs ($23)- green chile cornbread, spicy braising jus BBQ, garlic sauteed greens and market vegetables.
- There are many other choices, but there is nothing I love more than short ribs, and grass-fed to boot? Sign me up, maam.
- Asparagus Gratin ($7) - topped with Landaff cheese.
- Oooooh I don't really know what to expect with this, and that's why I like it.
- Fingerlings with Chilies & Cheddar ($6) - rosemary roasted organic potatoes, ancho chiles, black pepper and melted cheddar.
- Rosemary anything is awesome
- Dogwood Carrot Cake ($7) - with orange- cream cheese frosting
- Carrot Cake is one of my favorite desserts EVERRRR. I could literally eat some everyday. I like the idea of pairing it with orange!
p.s. Don't forget, the restaurant also hosts monthly cooking classes that seem like a lot of fun!
911 W 36th St
Baltimore, Maryland 21211