Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Groupon: The Dogwood, Hampden


Yayayaya I am so excited about the Groupon today!!!!!!!! - $20 for $40 towards food at The Dogwood in Hampden.  I used to LOVE The Dogwood Cafe, so  I know the restaurant will not disappoint me!

I snatched up a coupon, and I am already daydreaming about what I would like to get for my meal.  I want to use the coupon for my birthday in August, so although the menu is likely to change, here is what I would get if I went TOMORROW:

APPETIZER
  • Dogwood Potato Chips and Dip ($4.50)- hand-cut organic Tuscarora potatoes, local Keswick quark-fresh herb dip.   
    • Comfort food!  Yes please. 
  • Gruyere Gougeres ($4) - bowl of choux pastry puffs house-baked with sharp, artisan Swiss cheese and thyme 
    • I used to see this at the Dogwood Cafe, and I've always regretted not getting some.  Now is my chance! 
DRINK(S)
  • The Dogwood, Springtime ($10) -  citrus-infused Prairie vodka, couintreau, splash of Campari, agave nectar, pomegranate juice and a splash of fresh lemon juice, topped with Prosecco, garnished with a cucumber round and a lemon twist, served over ice, sangria-style in a wine glass.   
    • It just sounds pretty.
  •  Earth Mother ($12) - G’Vine Gin de France, yellow chartreuse, freshly squeezed lemon juice, coarse black pepper, garnished with tarragon.   
    • This sounds awesomely crazy. 
  • Galen's Margarita ($10) - Patron Anejo, house-made sour, fresh lime, finished with Grand Marnier.  
    • Let's just be honest here, you know I'm going to get this.  I love me some margis.

ENTREE
  • Ancho Braised Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs ($23)- green chile cornbread, spicy braising jus BBQ, garlic sauteed greens and market vegetables.   
    • There are many other choices, but there is nothing I love more than short ribs, and grass-fed to boot?  Sign me up, maam.  
SIDES
  • Asparagus Gratin ($7) - topped with Landaff cheese.  
    • Oooooh I don't really know what to expect with this, and that's why I like it.
  • Fingerlings with Chilies & Cheddar ($6) - rosemary roasted organic potatoes, ancho chiles, black pepper and melted cheddar.   
    • Rosemary anything is awesome
 DESSERTS
  •  Dogwood Carrot Cake ($7) - with orange- cream cheese frosting
    • Carrot Cake is one of my favorite desserts EVERRRR.  I could literally eat some everyday.  I like the idea of pairing it with orange!

p.s. Don't forget, the restaurant also hosts monthly cooking classes that seem like a lot of fun!

The Dogwood
911 W 36th St
Baltimore, Maryland 21211
(410) 889-0952

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I got one of these too. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin