Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

B&O American Brasserie's New Summer Items

B&O American Brasserie loves to change up its menu for the season - which is great for us!  There are some really yummy new items on their dinner and brunch menu that you should definitely check out.  And don't worry, the favorites are still on there (HELLO Market Flatbread!)  

Their Sante Fe Railway ($11) cocktail was STRONG.  You'll like this if you love tequila.  Unfortunately, I forgot what else was in the concoction other than apricot syrup, which was a lovely touch.


One of my favorite entrees was the Crispy Skin Maryland Rockfish ($25) - Served with Avocado-oxtail risotto, baby tomatoes and spicy pepper paint.  THIS IS SO GOOD.  The fish itself was excellent, but then add all the avocado awesomeness to it, and you find yourself in a happy place.  What a great pairing for such a lovely Maryland fish.


The Braised "Buffalo" Duck Leg ($19) with seared watermelon, napa slaw and tater tots was AWESOME.   There really is nothing like this meal.  The flavoring of the duck, though described as "buffalo" is actually more of an Asian taste....in fact it reminded me of the Peking Duck my mum used to make when I was younger.  The spicy and crispy tater tots are a nice touch against the sweet and cool watermelon. Just an incredible meal with incredible flavors.  GET THIS.  Seriously.

For dessert, the Cherry Upside Down Corn Cake with Corn Ice Cream was the besttttttttttt.  I loved this dessert.  First of all, corn ice cream is incredibly refreshing and I am surprised that was the first time I had ever tried it.  Secondly, the actual cake with the sweet corn was great.  There was popcorn served on the side, which I wasn't such a huge fan of...mostly because I was more interested in the cake + ice cream.  

Some honorable mentions include:
Confit Duck Flatbread ($12) served with asparagus, cherries and foie gras.  This sounds very fancy, I know, but the flavor combinations work so well together!!!!  Each bite gives you some sweetness from the cherries and duck, and then the foie gras mellows it out.  

Braised Veal Cheek ($10) comes in a skillet with sous vide potato, mache greens and creamed corn.  If you like short ribs, you'll love this veal cheek.  The meat is so tender!!!!  And don't even get me STARTED about the creamed corn!!!!!!!!!!!!


Have I tempted you enough? :)
Let me know what you think if you go!

B&O American Brasserie
2 North Charles Street, Baltimore MD 21201
443-692-6172
Breakfast: Mon-Fri, 7-10:30AM
Lunch: Mon-Fri, 11:30AM-2:30PM
Dinner: Sun-Thurs, 5-10PM; Fri-Sat, 5-11PM
Brunch: Sat & Sun, 8:30AM-2PM


This was a free tasting provided by the restaurant.  I was not asked for a positive review, these opinions are 100% my own!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds delicious!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin