Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Morning Haiku



I do like mushrooms
On my burgers and steaks
Not in my garden!!!!!!

I woke up one morning this week and glanced down at my flower bed and saw TONS of mushrooms which had sprung up over night.  The whole day I was googling ways to get rid of them, and basically was told that there was literally nothing I could do except maybe dump wet concrete on top of those suckers.  

After work, I cautiously walked up to my house and lo and behold my good friend the Sun had withered Mr. Mushroom and Co. into oblivion!!!!!  I felt so silly for getting worked up about it but at least now I know to just forget about them and let nature do it's thing.


Image by Chifonie

2 comments:

Emily Sze said...

Nature always finds a way :) , but for the next time: fertilizer will often do the trick by changing the soil composition so it's less mushroom-friendly. Avoid soil that contains vermiculite or other similar substances as these just soak up the water into the soil! You could try adding the small styrofoam balls to the soil as this will help aerate and dry out the soil.

-Moveable Feast

Moveable Feast is a nonprofit organization located in Baltimore, MD. We deliver nutritious foods at no cost to people living with HIV/AIDS, breast cancer, and other conditions. Our annual events include Dining Out For Life, Ride for the Feast, and B'More Aware of HIV: The Living Red Ribbon.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Thank you so much for the tip!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin