Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

Baltimore International College Food Enthusiast Classes!



Cooking classes are all the rage right now - have you noticed that?  I've been wanting to try one again soon. A couple of years ago I took an Italian cooking class (here) and yes, our class made some fabulous meals, but I also learned abut cooking with artichokes, tried Osso Bucco for the first time, and ate the most amazing ricotta pie dessert. Basically, it opened my eyes to new delights, like all good cooking classes should do.

So when I found out that Baltimore International College was offering Continuing Education classes or "Food Enthusiast Classes," I was very intrigued.  The classes are single-session, non-credit classes in a variety of subjects.   

Take a gander at the Course Catalog


Chocolate, Chocolate and More ($60) obviously interests me :) You learn how to make your own chocolates!!!!!!


And I can only imagine how helpful the Holiday Demonstration ($60) classes would be, which includes classes on Thanksgiving dinner, cookies, canapes, pies and gingerbread houses!

The Introduction to Cheese Making ($80) class sounds cool because not only do you make fresh cheese, but then you pair them with wine as well!!!

So what do you think- are you interested in taking a Food Class?  Have you taken any before and what did you think about it?


INFORMATION

All classes are located at:
Culinary Arts Center
210 S. Central Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21202
 
Cost:
Most classes are $60, but some are $80.  Check the Course Catalog.
 
Register Online:
Click the Catalog tab and browse through until you find a class you would like.
Select the class and click "Purchase".
If you are finished shopping, proceed to "Checkout".
Enter your contact information and continue to the next step.
Finally, enter your payment information.

Register by Mail or Fax:
Download the PDF of the Food Enthusiast Classes.
Download the Registration Form.
Choose the class or classes you would like to take.
Fill out the registration form and either mail it to:
Baltimore International College, Department of Continuing Education
17 Commerce Street
Baltimore, MD 21202-3230

OR Fax it to:
410-752-4876
 
Photos provided by BIC's PR Firm

4 comments:

Chef Todd Mohr said...

I'm a graduate of Baltimore Culinary College, having changed careers at age 32.

It's the best thing I've ever done. After high-level Executive Chef positions, I now teach thousands of people to cook, all over the world, every day.

The skills I learned at BICC helped me create a great lifestyle.

Chef Todd Mohr
WebCookingClasses.com

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Wow! What a great resource - thank you Chef Mohr!!!!

Amy said...

Mmm... that chocolate class sounds excellent!

Erin said...

Oooo I love the idea of cheese making - and pairing with wine is something I've always wanted to learn! I might sign up!

I took a "Cooking for Couples" class with the BF at Anne Arundel CC and it was pretty informative. We learned two full meals in two weeks, and got to take home recipes for 8-10 meals total. He's more of a cook than me, so I probably learned more than he did, but it was fun.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin