Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Recipe: Overnight Oats (aka the best breakfast in the entire world and beyond)

(oats never look good in pictures, please don't judge!)

OK, I kept hearing about Overnight Oats on the blogosphere and so I decided to check them out and make them for breakfast.  Basically, you whip up some oatmeal in the evening and then in the morning you partake in some epically delicious cold oatmeal.  This weirded me out for a second, but seriously, I got over that fast. 

Here is how I make mine:

Ingredients:
1 banana
1 tsp of ground flax seed
1 heaped tsp of almond butter (or to taste)
1/3 cup rolled oats (NOT quick cooking kind)
2/3 cup milk

Directions:
Mash up the banana (I use my awesome immersion blender tool) but make sure there are some nice chunks in there.  Add the flax seed, almond butter, oats and milk.  Stir.  Put in fridge overnight.  In the morning take it out, mix it a bit and EAT. 

SOOOO GOOD OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.  Also, it's totally healthy and keeps me full for a REALLY long time.

p.s. My bread + butter + jam breakfast still has a piece of my heart.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Mmm, we make a version of this called Muesli- with chopped up apples and raisins. So good! I'll have to try this version...

Simply Life said...

I'll have to try your recipe! I've tried these a couple times and think I didn't make it right, or just didn't give myself enough of a chance to get used to them!

Anonymous said...

ill try this tonight...........

Anonymous said...

This looks really good!

BTW tried Dogwood for the first time last night. I really enjoyed it! Hooray for Groupon. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin