Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Today's Food Deals

Hello everyone!
Sorry I've been kinda slow on the posting recently - I went to Austin, TX to visit my niece and it's hard to get back into the swing of things...plus I miss her like crazy.

But anyway, here are some food deals in the area:

Groupon
  • $15 for $30 at Don't Know Tavern
    • For food AND drink. Expires in 1 year, limit 5 per person and 1 per table and a reservation is REQUIRED
    • This seems like a great place to watch some football games - probably a good idea to stock up on some of these certificates if you're close by!  Get some crab dip in a bread bowl ($10) to start and maybe a Kobe Burger with Red Dragon cheese (?) for half time ($12) and a couple bottles of beer ($3.50-7) and you're set!
  • $25 for $50 at Brique in Centreville
    • Expires Mar 16, 2011.  Limit 1 per table and for dine-in dinner service only, but no purchase limit.
    • Why not make a trip out to Queen Anne's County and stop in for dinner at Brique, a new upscale restaurant that opened recently.  Start with the Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese Flan ($9) and the Seared Duck Breast entree with braised greens and maple citrus sweet potato ($24) and you may be a happy camper, especially if your dining partner gets the Lamb Loin Chop ($22) with carrot puree and leeks and allows you to share :)

Living Social
  • $15 for $30 at Kabob Stop
    • Expires March 16, 2011.  Limit 1 per person, but buy unlimited amount for gifts.  Limit 1 per table, reservations highly recommended.
    • I've never been here, but I've heard it's pretty tasty!  I loooove me some Indian food, and feel like I should make it my solemn duty to try every Indian place around me, that's a pretty good goal, right? :)  I would be all about some Chicken Biryani ($11.49) and some Lamb Shahi Korma ($12.95) which is a creamy sauce that is usually a bit sweet.  If I didn't get carry out, I would treat myself to some Masala Tea ($2.50) and Dan would assuredly get some Gulab Jamun ($2.50) and we'd call it a day!

Did you get any of these deals!?

3 comments:

Jay Zeis said...

Apparently there are free deserts across the city from 1-3 today.

Page 11 of the pdf

http://grandcentralmarketing.com/bravo/pdf/list_9_15.pdf

http://www.facebook.com/TopChefJustDesserts?v=app_4949752878

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Woh! Thanks! I'm going to write a quick post on this. THANKS!

Amy said...

I swear we lead parallel lives. I was just in Austin 2 weeks ago!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin