Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Miss Shirley's, Roland Park Part Two

Miss Shirley's is seriously THE place for breakfast or brunch in Baltimore.  It really is - you can tell by the wait and the crowd in that restaurant every.single.weekend.  The thing is, it's really really incredibly deserved.  Their menu literally has something for everyone, I know that is terribly cliche - but it's true! 

The last time I had gone to Miss Shirley's was about 2 years ago, which is NOT RIGHT.  Here is my post about that time. 


I expected to go to the restaurant and immediately order the coconut-cream stuffed french toast again, but I surprised myself and wanted something savory instead.  I settled on the Southern Slammer Sandwich ($8.99) - Fried Green Tomato, Applewood-Smoked Bacon, avocado, cheddar cheese and egg on pumpernickel. Now, for some reason I was expecting this to be healthier than it turned out to be.  Don't ask me why - it clearly said all those ingredients on the menu I read...but still, it was a bit of a surprise.  Overall the flavors were fabulous, and it was SUCH a filling sandwich, but I didn't think the pumpernickel bread really worked - it was too crispy and therefore made it feel even more fried and unhealthy.  It was tasty, but I probably wouldn't order it again.


Dan went all out and ordered The Shore Thing Omelette ($17.99) - Smoked Ham, jumbo lump crab, shrimp and swiss, dusted with old bay.  He said it was amazing, and loved the biscuit.  I still feel that $18 is a crazy amount to spend on breakfast, but understandably it's priced that way because of all the seafood. At least it was delicious!


My friends at the table also ordered their Funky Monkey Bread ($9.99) - Cinnamon-y bread/dough, with bananas, chocolate and pecans.  This looks like something I would be into, but I am really not a fan of heavily cinnamon flavored things.  However, I am in the minority, because everybody was practically writing odes to the monkey bread the entire time it was on the table.  Do you like cinnamon rolls and bananas and chocolate?  You will love this.  Trust me.  Or actually, trust my friends.

Miss Shirley's on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Mel said...

MONKEY BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin